Wednesday, June 29, 2011

One of my favorite things....

Sorry its been a few days! I have been pretty stinking busy, but I can't complain!

I have recently gotten back into an old hobby of writing music.  It feels so good to be back on my guitar and writing.  For about a year I've been lacking inspiration and have just been blank whenever I sat down to write.  This was so frustrating to me because it was something that I really loved to do. Well, I finally broke the curse and have been writing like crazy! What is interesting about my new spurt of writing is that the songs have NOTHING to do with me. I have been writing for people, and its been soooo rewarding!

I have always been inspired by country music, but more so now then ever I think.  To me country music was always just a dream of mine; I envied the words that were being sung from my favorite artists' mouths.  Now, however, I am actually getting to live the words that are being sung.  I feel due to this the way I write has changed as well.

I have recently found a new country band that I have been so inspired by.  I have always been a HUGE fan of Miranda Lambert and her music.  She and two other young country artist have now started a girl band called the Pistol Annies.  I AM IN LOVE.  The music that I have heard so far is absolutely amazing.  Check out their website www.pistolannies.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment